Database Schema Upgrade
If you originally install AbleCommerce using SQL Server 2000 and later upgrade your database platform to SQL Server 2005 or later, you may need to upgrade your database schema. This upgrade is to convert database structures that take advantage of newer features in SQL Server, such as the nvarchar(max) field.
Schema upgrade scripts are only available for AC7.0.3 and later. To see whether you require a schema upgrade, go to the Help -> About page in your merchant menu. In the version listing, the version of SQL Server and the version of the AC schema are listed:
MSSQL v2005 AC SCHEMA v2000
This would be an example of an installation that should proceed with the schema upgrade. Note that SQL Server is 2005, while the schema remains at 2000 level. To bring AC SCHEMA up to the 2005 level, follow the steps below:
- Create a folder named "Install" in the AbleCommerce installation location
- Place the files for the upgrade schema script
- Manually access the upgrade script (http://yoururl/Install/UpgradeSchema.aspx)
- MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE
- Confirm the backup and submit the request to upgrade the schema
Upgrade Script for AC703: http://bugs.ablecommerce.com/attachment.cgi?id=2256
Upgrade scripts are also included with the full distribution in the "Install" folder.